Saturday, February 7, 2015

"A Great Nation?" 2/23/2013


"A Great Nation?"

2/23/2013
 
Picture
First From Julie's Keyboard:

Christ, Our Focus......

In a world where the "Dow" falls, the job market goes away, loved ones die, and people are ready to rail on you without a cause, something is obviously amiss.  In my understanding of such mischief, it's called "sin,"  the effect prevalent from a cursed world that refuses to take advantage of the redemption provided.  We're really kidding ourselves if we believe this world is a nice place to live anymore.  The wages of sin have set in on this Cosmos like a swarm of bats from the core of the earth!

But, am I down cast?  Should I walk about with a long face of solemnity and mope in this predicament?  My submission to you this day is, "No, I must not."  Christ our Lord has paid much too high a price to cover any amount of corruption that the pits of hell can cough upon this earth.  You mustn't just take my word for it either.  Read the Scriptures and find the Truth as it pertains to those who belong to Christ who live on this earth.

Every type of behavior we may witness about us in this world is certainly nothing "new under the sun."  Neither has any part of it caught the Lord of the Universe by surprise.  Our concern must be, where do we fit in to His great plan as we prepare for the coming of His Kingdom.  How may we be instrumental in helping to snatch the soul from the pits of corruption, as in the words of a great hymn by Fanny Crosby, "Rescue the Perishing, Care for the dying." 

Time is short.  We must "redeem the time, in these evil days."  There's no time to afford in being swept into the pleasures and cares of this life which is so fleeting.  If Christ is truly our focus, He will lead us in the path He has chosen for us.  In my humble opinion, often the least we seem to know about what He has us doing, the better able He is to get His will done through us.

We must trust Him and His providential care.  When we keep our eyes turned upon Him, He's faithful to lead us into His Truth.

I leave you with some of my favorite passages which are behind these thoughts for today:

Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Have a blessed week,
Julie


Scripture references:  Ecclesiastes 1:9 &  Colossians 4:5
____________________________________________
"A Great Nation?"

I must confess, it has been a struggle to write in recent weeks for the blog post.  I see my country going so far away from me and the way I desire to live it is difficult to write positivly with inspiring hope for it.  All the while my heart groans for the nation, I find my own spiritual life is growing with much more joy and peace at heart.  I find my time is more spent in spiritual things than in politics and historical study.  So while I find much to say about God and relationship with Him through Jesus Christ, I am coming up somewhat blank concerning my writings here.  It may be the time for this blog and it's purpose is nearing an end, then it may be just a momentary distraction.  It may mean simply that a change in focus is in need for the blog, I will continue to pray about my efforts here and wait and see where and how I am directed.

As to the Nation, my thoughts today seem to echo something I have been hearing for some time.  A phase that is being repeated by various Congressman and Senators among others in the media.  I keep hearing "the system is broken" with the varation of "Washington is broken". 

My answer to this crys out, "The system is not broken, we are not using the system!"  The way our government is operating today resembles the one our Founders established very little.  We still have the Constitution but it has very little impact upon the way the government governs unless it is used in some twisted way to achieve some political agenda. 

The system operating now is so massive the average citizen has no idea how far the government may or may not go in its reach into our lives.  No one is sure just what it can and cannot do, it seems it must be determined from time to time by a judge or court decision made on the fly.  It is then discoverd just how intrusive it is or has a desire to be.

So for now I will leave you with a quote from our 20th President James Garfield

Picture
"Now more than ever before, the people are responsible for the character of their Congress.  If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption.  If it be intelligent, brave, and pure, it is because the  people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature. . . .

If the next centennial does not find us a great nation. . .  it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces." ~ James Garfield.  (1876 - in a speech commemorating the centenial of the Declaration of Independence.)

I might add to that by saying, it could be those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and  morality of the nation did aid in controlling the political forces, they were just no longer capable of making such judgments in an intelligent, brave, and pure manner.  They may have become as ignorant, reckless, and corrupt as those they elected.

May God bless each of you,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive