- They need to know if they serve God it is going to cost them more than it has cost us.
- They need to know their commitment to Him will require more Grace than what was required for us in our life time.
- They need to know the sacrifices they will have to make to remain faithful will exceed the sacrifices we have made.
- They need to know, their walk with the Lord in this and the following generations will set them apart in dress, fashion, entertainment, and occupation much more than was required in ours.
- They need to know that the allure of this life will be much more attractive and appealing in their culture than it has been in ours.
- They need to know there will be a gospel presented with much fanfare that will accommodate and incorporate this attractiveness into its message.
- They need to know where the true Christian faith was once socially profitable in this nation, it will now be looked upon with disdain.
- They need to know if they pursue a higher education, that education will be fashioned to separate them from their faith.
- They need know that their Biblical view of marriage and family will be challenged, and to maintain a pureness in the home and protect their children from the abusiveness of their culture will require greater diligence and discipline.
- They need know their life will not be an easy one if they choose to serve God in this crooked an perverse generation, but in the mist of it, the Grace of God abounds.
- They need to know if they are faithful, there will be the greatest joy in it all, they will know levels of peace and love within their family, those outside the faith will never know.
- They need to know this peace of God will keep them and bless them and sustain them to the Glory of His name.
- They need to know that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in them.
- They need to know what ever is required of them in the Gospel will be established in them by His Grace and His Grace alone.
- They need to know that theirs is one of the most wonderful and greatest times in History to Glorify and Honor the name of Christ.
- They need know in light of all that has been mentioned, the greatest calling they can have in life, is to hear, head, and diffuse this glorious Gospel of Christ to a lost and fallen world.
Sunday, June 21, 2015
"Our Children Need to Know"
“It is alleged by men of loose principles, or defective views of the subject, that religion and morality are not necessary or important qualifications for political stations. But the Scriptures teach a different doctrine. They direct that rulers should be men who rule in the fear of God, able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness.
But if we had no divine instruction on the subject, our own interest would demand of us a strict observance of the principle of these injunctions. And it is to the neglect of this rule of conduct in our citizens, that we must ascribe the multiplied frauds, breeches of trust, peculations and embezzlements of public property which astonish even ourselves; which tarnish the character of our country; which disgrace a republican government; and which will tend to reconcile men to monarchs in other countries and even our own.” ~ Noah Webster. 1823, in his letters to a Young Gentleman Commencing His Education.
“Sin is to a nature what blindness is to an eye. The blindness is an evil or defect which is a witness to the fact that the eye was created to see the light and, hence, the very lack of sight is the proof that the eye was meant...to be the one particularly capable of seeing the light. Were it not for this capacity, there would be no reason to think of blindness as a misfortune.” ~ Augustine of Hippo, City of God
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Our American children need to know some things;
- ► 2018 (23)
- ► 2017 (26)